The 46th Annual Ice Fishing Derby, sponsored by the Snake River Valley Conservation Club, will take place after all. Despite warmer-than-usual temps so far this winter, organizers say there is enough ice to make for a successful event on the south side of Pokegama Lake this weekend, by Muffie’s on the Lake, which is located at 13646 Muffies Lane.
The event takes place Sunday, Jan. 15, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. and is open to anyone. Door prizes consist of cash prizes. See you on the ice! Here’s a scene from the 40th annual derby… Enjoy!
Major Pine City Area Events for 2012
- (Ice) Fishing Derby, Pokegama Lake – January 15, 2012 (43rd Annual)
- East Central Minnesota Pride– June 3, 2012 (8th Annual)
A recent Freedom Fest street dance.
- Freedom Fest – June 29-30, and July 1, 2012
- Art Fest in Robinson Park – July 21, 2012 (35th Annual)
- Pine County Fair – August 1-5, 2012 (120th Annual)
- Czech Booya Festival, at Sokol Camp – August 19, 2012 (81st Annual)
- Pine City PRCA Championship Rodeo, Labor Day Weekend, 2012 (6th Annual)
- Northwest Co. Fur Post’s “Rendezvous” Fall Gathering – September 15-16, 2012 (34th Annual)
- Holiday Madness and lighted parade – November 30, 2012
A recent Fall Gathering at the fort.
Besides hosting one of the state’s largest flea markets, an ever-expanding farmers’ market, a fun run, health fair, and a lifestyles show, Pine City hosts a number of other annual festivals and events, as mentioned above. There is truly something for everyone. Be sure to send your favorite photos of the events you attend in 2012 to email@example.com. Happy New Year!
Perhaps you or someone you know is still looking for a unique gift idea. The following are five ideas that range in price and purpose, each that promotes elements of Pine City.
Apron or Bag (proceeds benefit local farmers’ market) – Show off one’s support for fresh, local food and help reduce our impact on the environment. Compare at $15 at other St. Croix River Valley farmers’ markets. On-sale now for $13/bag and $12/apron.
Call (320) 629-2575, ext. 11 to order.
Woodcarvings (of Cross or Pokegama Lakes, or both) – Exploit our recreational opportunities. Get your friends and relatives talking about the rich assets Pine City has to offer. Get them to come back next summer to recreate here. $149/ea. lake or $249 for both together; comes with pine frames.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to order.