- Community gardens provide access to fresh produce and plants.
- The labor is satisfying. Watch your work grow and take off!
- Active communities experience less crime and vandalism.
- Pine City has lost most of its agricultural underpinnings but this is a way to once again bring you closer to your food. There is a definite connection to the environment.
- Show your creativity. Choose to grow solely flowers or the types of veggies to make rare and stellar food dishes.
- You can donate what you grow to those in need.
- Help someone who lives in an apartment or with little land or ability to garden.
- Give the anglers something to look at on their way to the Snake River fishing pier.
- Bring about a sense of community. Break down isolation and help bring Pine City closer.
Community Garden Info Meeting
Interested in a garden plot at the Pine City Community Garden? Attend an informational and registration meeting Mon., April 13 at 6:30 p.m. at the Pine County Courthouse.
For more information, email email@example.com.