If you’ve been considering making a donation to a nonprofit organization, that would be a great day to do it. Hundreds of nonprofits throughout Minnesota are participating in the fourth annual “Give to the Max Day“, a 24-hour online fundraising blitz sponsored by Give MN.
Last year’s fundraiser collected millions of dollars for over 3,500 Minnesota nonprofits and, locally, it helped East Central Minnesota Pride with event expenses. It can be tough to choose who to give to, so here’s a snapshot of the many worthy organizations in East Central Minnesota:
- A Place For You aims to connect residents with needed community resources and empower them to meet the goal of being stably housed
- East Central Habitat for Humanity is a housing ministry dedicated to eliminating substandard housing and homelessness and to making adequate, affordable shelter a matter of conscience and action. The organization’s goal is to build safe, decent, affordable, energy efficient houses for low-income families.
- East Central Minnesota Chorale has been bringing excellent choral musical performances to the region for over 30 years.
- East Central Minnesota Pride is Minnesota’s small-town gay pride, held annually since 2005. Next year’s pride will be the 10th annual and the pride committee is hoping to make it the best one yet.
- East Central Regional Arts Council advocates for the arts, funding creative projects and programs, providing technical assistance and developing available resources.
- Family Pathways serves less fortunate people in east central Minnesota and Polk County, Wis.
- GPS 45:93, formerly Northern Technology Initiative (N.T.I.), is a regional consortium for economic development. It works to attract business and high-paying jobs in the region, in Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs and Pine Counties.
- PFLAG (East Central Minnesota Chapter) promotes the health and well-being of the area’s lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons, their families and friends through support, education, and advocacy, to end discrimination and to secure equal civil rights.
On Nov. 14, every donation you make gives your favorite nonprofits and schools the chance to win even more money. Hundreds of organizations will offer the opportunity to double your dollars with matching grants throughout the 24 hours. If you would like to double a match, please contact the organization you would like to do so for.
Today through Nov. 13, you can schedule your donation. Simply go to your nonprofit or school’s page and look for the checkbox that says “Make this donation count for Give to the Max Day.” The donation will be deducted from your credit or debit card at 12 a.m. on Nov. 14.