Economic hardship is still forcing many to cancel travel or vacation plans and instead make the most of “Stay-Cations.”
Definition of Staycation: A vacation spent at home or near home, doing enjoyable activities or visiting local attractions. – Dictionary.com
Here are some ideas to offer the perfect solution: Activities that not only will please everyone and are close to home, but are either free to the public or nominally priced…
- Pine City Farmers’ Market in the Park – Get your pumpkins, zucchini and squash!
- IMAGE Art Show 2011 – …at the new East Central Arts Council’s headquarters.
- Highway 61 Film Festival – ft. Shane Bauer’s film, “Songs to Enemies and Deserts”.
- Pine Center for the Arts Gallery Exhibit Opening ft. Angela Filler – Browse and admire.
- NW Co. Fur Post – Walking trails, exhibits, guided tours, picnic area – Perfect fall hiking.
- St. Croix Scenic Byway – Fall foliage drive – National scenic byway runs right through town… See where else it leads in either direction.
- Anderson’s Rock Creek Relics Corn Maze – In the 2011 maze, don’t get lost navigating your way around Minnesota.
Stay up-to-date with other goings on in Pine City at the Area Chamber of Commerce Web site.